We are dedicated to providing our customers with an easy, efficient and enjoyable vehicle buying experience across all of our dealerships. Buying a used vehicle from an AHG NZ dealership comes with the same quality and integrity of service as buying a new one and customers can enjoy a range of exclusive benefits such as:
- All AHG NZ used vehicles offer the best value for money by not only providing competitive pricing but also the best quality product
- All AHG NZ used vehicles come with a 100-point safety and mechanical inspection to ensure you receive a quality vehicle
- All AHG NZ used vehicles come with a guaranteed clear title giving you peace of mind
- All AHG NZ used vehicles are offered a complimentary 3-month vehicle health check to provide you assurance in your investment
- All AHG NZ used vehicles come with complimentary 12-month road side assistance plan to ensure increased peace of mind for you and your family when driving. This offer can be extended for a further 12 months every time the vehicle is serviced at an AHG NZ dealership
- All AHG NZ used vehicles are provided with lifetime fixed price servicing plans and $20 fixed price Warrant of Fitness (WOF) certifications when servicing at an AHG NZ dealership. The fixed price service and WoF offers are valid for the life of the vehicle and transferrable between vehicle owners
- All AHG NZ used vehicles can be delivered nationwide (charges apply)
- AHG NZ used vehicles that are purchased sight-unseen by out-of-town customers are eligible for a 48 hour money back guarantee if the vehicle is not as described upon arrival.
AHG NZ dealers are easy to do business with and will provide you with an enjoyable purchasing experience. If you would like to know more about the AHG benefits, please contact your local AHG NZ used vehicle dealer or see below for full benefit terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions
AHG NZ Minimum Acceptable Reconditioning Standards
- All AHG NZ used vehicles will be reconditioned by an AHG NZ service centre to the following standards prior to being offered for sale:
- Completion of a comprehensive vehicle background check
- Completion of a 100 Point Safety and Mechanical Inspection
- Completion of a vehicle service (if due or required) including application of AHG NZ used vehicle service sticker
- Completion of a wheel alignment inspection
- Updated Warrant of Fitness certification
- Updated Vehicle Registration (if applicable, minimum 3 months expectation at time of sale)
- Updated Road User Charges (if applicable, minimum 1,000km available at time of sale)
- Clean full set of vehicle mats (type and brand at dealer’s discretion)
- Blackening of tyres
- Application of AHG NZ used vehicle plate frames to front and rear of vehicle
- Basic wash and groom of vehicle
- Paint and panel work (if required)
100 Point Safety and Mechanical Inspection
- ALL AHG NZ used vehicles will undergo a 100 Point Safety and Mechanical Inspection at an AHG NZ service centre prior to being offered for sale on an AHG NZ yard.
- During the inspection, an AHG NZ technician will complete an AHG NZ 100 Point Safety and Mechanical Inspection checklist. View sample of the checklist here. This checklist will detail any relevant notes and indicate any potential areas requiring further attention before being offered for sale.
- Once an inspection is completed, the checklist will be reviewed and signed off by the relevant service manager before being returned to the used vehicle manager.
- If any extra work is recommended on the vehicle as a result of the inspection, this must be quoted by a service advisor and authorised by the used vehicle manager before work commences. Work relating to safety or warranty concerns will be carried out prior to the vehicle being offered for sale on an AHG NZ yard. Cosmetic or superficial recommendations will be carried out at the used vehicle manager's discretion.
- A vehicle that has completed a 100 Point Safety & Mechanical Inspection and has been approved for sale by the used vehicle manager will display the official AHG 100 Point Inspection sticker on its rear windscreen.
- The original 100 Point Safety and Mechanical Inspection Checklist can be made available upon request at any time. It will also be provided to the customer alongside the vehicle's recent Warrant of Fitness and any other service history paperwork at the time of vehicle delivery for the customer's records.
Complimentary Three Month Health Check
- All AHG NZ used vehicles sold after August 1, 2019 have access to a complimentary three month vehicle health check at the AHG NZ dealership where the vehicle was purchased from.
- During the health check, an AHG NZ technician will complete a 25 Point Safety and Mechanical Inspection checklist. This checklist will detail any relevant notes and indicate any potential areas requiring further attention.
- If an issue is identified that was not outlined in the vehicle's original 100 Point Safety and Mechanical Inspection however extra work is needed to ensure the vehicle is safe or meeting minimum expectations as determined by AHG NZ’s minimum acceptable reconditioning standards, the cost to remedy the issue will be covered by the AHG NZ dealership.
- If an issue is identified that was outlined in the 100 Point Safety and Mechanical Inspection but not rectified prior to sale, the cost to remedy the issue will be covered by the AHG NZ dealership.
- If an issue is identified that was not picked up in the vehicle's initial 100 Point Safety and Mechanical Inspection and is deemed to be normal wear and tear, the cost to remedy this issue will be covered by the customer.
- The three month health check is completed at no cost to the customer however it excludes consumables (i.e. oils and fluids). If the check identifies the vehicle needs any consumables at that time, these will be at the customer's cost.
- The three month health check inspection checklist will be provided to the customer for their records when they pick up their vehicle from the AHG NZ service centre.
- Bookings are essential. The complimentary three month health check should be pre-booked at the time of vehicle delivery, or soon after. The AHG NZ Call Centre will send a reminder to customers in the weeks prior to their booking date to reconfirm the time and date of the appointment. View sample of the checklist here
Lifetime Transferrable Fixed Price Service
- All AHG NZ used vehicles have access to lifetime fixed price servicing at an AHG NZ Service & Tyre centre.
- The AHG NZ used vehicle fixed price service offer is available for the life of the vehicle and is transferrable between vehicle owners.
- The minimum recommended service interval for all AHG NZ used vehicles is 12 months.
- The cost of an AHG NZ used vehicle service is as follows:
- All 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder petrol vehicles: $199 incl. GST
- All 8 cylinder, light commercial or diesel vehicles: $259 incl. GST
- The cost of an AHG NZ used vehicle service is subject to change without notice.
- The AHG NZ used vehicle fixed price service offer is not intended to replace a recommended factory service. AHG NZ service centres will provide a quote for any additional recommended work associated with a vehicle’s specific factory service requirements.
- If during service a vehicle is deemed to require repair or replacement of any parts, additional charges will apply and the customer will be notified before any further work is carried out.
- AHG NZ service centres will always quote to use genuine parts and consumables wherever possible as their quality is trusted and preferred.
- Non-genuine alternatives can be provided upon customer's request.
- The AHG NZ used vehicle fixed price service offer excludes wear and tear items. Any work identified as needed resulting from normal wear and tear will be an additional cost.
- Written authorisation from the customer is required for any additional work required.
- Bookings are essential. A vehicle's first service should be pre-booked at the time of vehicle delivery, or soon after. The AHG NZ Call Centre will send a reminder to customers in the weeks prior to their booking date to reconfirm the time and date of the appointment.
Lifetime Fixed Price Warrant of Fitness (WoF) Inspections
- All AHG NZ used vehicles have access to lifetime fixed price WoF inspections at an AHG NZ Service & Tyre centre.
- The AHG NZ used vehicle fixed price WoF offer is available for the life of the vehicle and is transferrable between vehicle owners.
- The cost of an AHG NZ used vehicle WoF is $20.
- The cost of an AHG NZ used vehicle WoF is subject to change without notice.
- Bookings are strongly recommended to ensure your preferred time and date and AHG NZ Service & Tyre centre location.
Complimentary 12 Month AHG Roadside Assistance
- All AHG NZ used vehicles come with a complimentary 12 month AHG Roadside Assistance plan to ensure increased peace of mind when driving.
- AHG NZ Service & Tyre centres will extend a vehicle's Roadside Assistance plan for a further 12 months every time the vehicle is serviced at an AHG NZ dealership.
- The 12 month AHG Roadside Assistance plan is an opt-in programme. Customers must activate their membership at the time of vehicle delivery or vehicle service to redeem the complimentary offer.
- The Roadside Assistance supplier is at the AHG NZ Service & Tyre centre's discretion.
- All Roadside Assistance programmes offered by AHG NZ are independent. Customers should liaise directly with the Roadside Assistance supplier for any call outs or vehicle-related incidents.
AHG NZ Used Vehicle 48 Hour Money Back Guarantee
All AHG NZ used vehicles are eligible for a 48 hour money back guarantee and a full refund of the purchase price if the vehicle is not as described upon arrival.
48 Hour Money Back Guarantee Full Terms and Conditions
- In these terms and conditions AHG NZ means Auckland Auto Collection Limited.
- The AHG NZ 48 hour money back guarantee is subject to these terms and conditions.
- The 48 hour return period within which the Purchaser is eligible to make a return, commences on the date and time that the Purchaser takes delivery of the vehicle.
- The purchaser must:
- Be able to deliver to AHG NZ a clear and unencumbered title to the vehicle, which title has remained in the Purchaser’s name since delivery.
- Be an individual natural person who is the registered owner of the vehicle. Businesses, corporations and partnerships do not qualify.
- The vehicle must have been registered and insured in the Purchaser's name since the delivery date.
- To make a claim the Purchaser must within the 48 hour return period:
- Provide the Purchaser’s contact details (name, address and daytime contact phone number), vehicle make/model/rego and the reason for return to the dealership Dealer Principal at the AHG NZ site location where the vehicle was purchased.
- Provide proof of purchase – including a copy of the contract to purchase indicating the date of purchase, the vehicle purchased and evidence that the balance has been paid in full.
- Return the vehicle in person to the AHG NZ location it was purchased from. Over the phone or email returns will not be accepted.
- Return the vehicle in the same condition it was in before it was purchased. Any scratches, dents or other damage to the vehicle will be the cost and responsibility of the Purchaser. No refund will be provided unless or until the vehicle is returned to its original condition.
- Return all accessories, spare keys and vehicle manuals.
- The refund is for purchase price of the vehicle only. Any additional products that have been purchased/added to the vehicle e.g. exterior protections/tint/accessories are (i) non-refundable under this money back guarantee and will be subject to any refund policy provided with that product; and (ii) must in any event be capable of being removed so that the vehicle can be returned in the same condition it was in before it was purchased.
- Any trade-in vehicle associated with the purchase of the vehicle, will not be included as part of the 48 hour money back guarantee, and as such will not be returned.
- Any deposit made to reserve the vehicle is non refundable.
- Certain matters may impact upon the customer’s right to receive the refund, including: a) If the vehicle travels more than 100km or sustains any damage or repairs before it is returned; b) If the refundable amount is not sufficient to discharge any encumbrance over the vehicle and the Purchaser elects not to pay the balance in order to discharge the encumbrance.
- The Purchaser must return the vehicle at their cost and must comply with the directions for returning the vehicle as provided by AHG NZ staff. The vehicle will remain the Purchaser’s responsibility during transit until such time as it is received at the AHG NZ site location where the vehicle was purchased. AHG NZ will accept no liability for any loss or damage which may occur during transit even where AHG NZ arranges or facilitates the return of the vehicle.
- Upon return to AHG NZ, the vehicle will be checked to ensure it is in its original condition and that all accessories have been included in the return. Once checked and approved, AHG NZ will make payment of the original purchase price (minus any deposit or any other deductions permitted by these terms and conditions) via direct deposit into the claimant’s nominated bank account within 10 (ten) working days.
- If upon collection the vehicle is found to be damaged, the vehicle will not be accepted and no refund will be paid.
- The vehicle is deemed to be in the Purchaser’s possession until the vehicle is received by AHG NZ pursuant to these terms and conditions.
- Should the Purchaser provide AHG NZ with any incorrect, false or misleading information regarding the vehicle, AHG NZ reserves the right to disqualify the Purchaser from receiving the refund.
- In the event the vehicle is financed any disbursements incurred by AHG NZ or any third party fees or penalties incurred in the discharge or otherwise of that finance will be at the cost of the customer.
- AHG NZ reserves the right to make changes to these terms and conditions without notice.
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under New Zealand Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.